newsXmldoom (the XML Database Object-Oriented Model) - News: Updates: Xmldoom is still alive!

Show feedback again
Latest News
xmldoom-perl 0.0.16 released posted by dsnopek, Thu 08 Feb 2007 10:52:29 PM UTC - 0 replies
xmldoom-perl 0.0.15 released posted by dsnopek, Tue 29 Aug 2006 04:32:18 PM UTC - 0 replies
xmldoom-perl 0.0.14 released posted by dsnopek, Mon 21 Aug 2006 08:19:42 PM UTC - 0 replies
xmldoom-perl 0.0.13 released! posted by dsnopek, Tue 20 Jun 2006 05:02:35 PM UTC - 0 replies
xmldoom-perl 0.0.12 released! posted by dsnopek, Thu 08 Jun 2006 05:46:48 PM UTC - 0 replies
[Submit News]
[16 news in archive]

Updates: Xmldoom is still alive!

Item posted by David Snopek <dsnopek> on Thu 05 Jan 2006 08:45:48 PM UTC.

After much inactivity, I am happy to announce that there is some new code available for Xmldoom. Since my last postings, I have gotten a new job coding in Perl now, instead of Python. I am in the process of porting Xmldoom to Perl. While Perl is not my programming language of choice, this is a rewrite from scratch, which means that it includes many of the design changes that I wanted to make for the Python version!

In my free time, I hope to port the new design back into the Python version. Since I still haven't quite gotten used to exceptions in Perl, I am hoping this will allow me to come up with a better error handling model and make the codebase more robust.

In some bad news, I found out several months ago that somehow in the shuffle, the old GNU Arch mirror I had posted on Gna! was lost. I believe I still have a copy of the original code on a now defunct machine at home. When I get a chance, I will gut the machine and re-mirror the data.

Comments:

No messages in Updates: Xmldoom is still alive!

Start a New Thread:

You could post if you were logged in
Show feedback again

Back to the top