newsXmldoom (the XML Database Object-Oriented Model) - News: Perl!

Show feedback again
Latest News
xmldoom-perl 0.0.16 released posted by dsnopek, Thu 08 Feb 2007 10:52:29 PM UTC - 0 replies
xmldoom-perl 0.0.15 released posted by dsnopek, Tue 29 Aug 2006 04:32:18 PM UTC - 0 replies
xmldoom-perl 0.0.14 released posted by dsnopek, Mon 21 Aug 2006 08:19:42 PM UTC - 0 replies
xmldoom-perl 0.0.13 released! posted by dsnopek, Tue 20 Jun 2006 05:02:35 PM UTC - 0 replies
xmldoom-perl 0.0.12 released! posted by dsnopek, Thu 08 Jun 2006 05:46:48 PM UTC - 0 replies
[Submit News]
[16 news in archive]

Perl!

Item posted by David Snopek <dsnopek> on Wed 03 May 2006 02:18:28 PM UTC.

I pleased to say that the Perl version is finally in a state where it is ready to be released!

However, in true Perl fashion, I don't intend to release a tarball, but to get it uploaded on CPAN. Therefore, the next stage of development is getting the codebase exceptable to CPAN standards. This may mean moving everything into different namespaces, restructuring the unittests, etc... So, I think I am going to branch Arch, and finally release this onto CPAN as Xmldoom 0.0.9.

OTHER NEWS

I would still like to resurrect the old Python Arch repository that was lost, however, simply haven't found the time. Once I do, however, I will release the last state of the codebase as Xmldoom 0.0.8 just so it will get out there.

I probably won't be porting the new Perl codebase back to Python anytime soon. As far as other language support, I have begun working on a JavaScript version. I am not sure at this point how independant of the Perl version it will be, but right now completely depends on it.

There is only one or two big issues remaining, the main one being handling of many-to-many relationships. Once this is handled, I will start on Xmldoom 0.1.0. By then I hope to have a working release of the JavaScript version to go along with it.

Anyway, this is an exciting time for Xmldoom!

Comments:

No messages in Perl!

Start a New Thread:

You could post if you were logged in
Show feedback again

Back to the top