newsGuidelines for Creating GNU Spaces - News: Welcome to GCGS

Show feedback again
Latest News
Welcome to GCGS posted by caveryb, Thu 24 Oct 2013 06:38:29 AM UTC - 0 replies
[Submit News]
[1 news in archive]

Welcome to GCGS

Item posted by <caveryb> on Thu 24 Oct 2013 06:38:29 AM UTC.

While a solid TODO [1] and outline for GCGS are written and committed, there is still much work to be done. From interviewing notable GNU hackers, particularly organizers of GNU events and groups, to selecting just the right quotes to open each chapter, GCGS is a work in progress. Toward the aim of moving from “in progress” to a first release, I’ve schedule three writing sprints in October, November and early December. Whatever the product of these sprints is will become the first release, after which I shall begin poking key mailing lists for additional contributions.

I welcome feedback from GNU hackers and FSF members who have had key roles in leadership and formation of GNU/FSF-oriented groups, large or small, and who have input toward the outline and goals set forth in the project's TODO. The target audience initially is intended to be GNU/FSF novices who may not realize the wealth of resources available to them to achieve the goal of starting a new community, and who may be inspired to read about notable free software leaders and their experiences.

Thanks, and cheers!

[1] http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/gcgs/trunk/

Comments:

No messages in Welcome to GCGS

Start a New Thread:

You could post if you were logged in
Show feedback again

Back to the top