newsKsirK - News: KsirK migration to Subversion and bksys

Show feedback again
Latest News
KsirK is now part of the kdegames package posted by kleag, Wed 14 May 2008 10:37:01 PM UTC - 0 replies
Release of KsirK 1.3 beta 2 posted by kleag, Wed 17 Aug 2005 08:44:46 AM UTC - 0 replies
Realease of KSirK 1.3 beta1 posted by kleag, Mon 08 Aug 2005 10:52:21 PM UTC - 0 replies
KsirK migration to Subversion and bksys posted by kleag, Sun 05 Jun 2005 09:03:29 PM UTC - 0 replies
Release of KsirK 1.2 final posted by kleag, Mon 04 Apr 2005 09:51:36 PM UTC - 0 replies
[Submit News]
[11 news in archive]

KsirK migration to Subversion and bksys

Item posted by Kleag <kleag> on Sun 05 Jun 2005 09:03:29 PM UTC.

Hello,

Today I asked the Gna team to migrate the KsirK codebase to Subversion instead of CVS. I was convinced to do so after reading the Subversion book and trying it on another project. It is really a great enhancement in a user perspective.

I also decided to migrate KsirK from the good old configuration and building system based on autoconf/automake to bksys, a configuration tool for KDE software made upon Scons. It is more elegant and solves a lot of problems. This change should not be too much visible for users as a configure script and a Makefile remain with the same usage. The only problem with bksys currently is that it is not handled by kdevelop and thus adding and removing of files to and from the projects will have to be done manually. I hope that this will change in the future.

Kleag.

Comments:

No messages in KsirK migration to Subversion and bksys

Start a New Thread:

You could post if you were logged in
Show feedback again

Back to the top