Who is we?
In the context of a horizontal community, the word we has a different meaning than within not-for-profit organizations or companies. We are the individuals who have access to the resources that would enable them to modify how it is implemented. For instance, someone with access to the configuration of the web server can change the log retention policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the community by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on Gna! sites, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our sites without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and participating, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
What is your data retention policy?
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 15 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 15 days.
What about my data?
Users of Hotea's services can ask email@example.com to:
- Delete their account on a service when it is not a feature available to the user (for instance Nextcloud)
- Retrieve data associated with their account on a service that does not already provide full access
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the sites to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
Online payment provider
This service is incompatible with the Gna! Terms of Service. It is highly recommended to use a browser extension such as uBlock origin to block tracking from stripe and to carefully opt-out all non-essential cookies.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any information.